Canadian Rockies Annual
Wilderness and Adventure. People and Heritage. Science and Environment.
No mountain lover’s bookshelf is complete without the Canadian Rockies Annual on it. A set of five, archival-quality mountain culture magazines, these volumes combine captivating storytelling with striking visuals and beautiful design. Each timeless issue takes the reader on a journey through the Canadian Rockies’ cultural landscape, and delves into the dynamic forces that impact our lives in the mountains. With the curated appeal of a magazine and the heft of a book, this independent publication is sure to impress your houseguests as the crown jewel of your coffee table.
DETAILS: 100 pages, minimal advertising, soft touch cover, perfect bound, full colour on heavy stock. Printed in Canada.
Curiosity and Discovery
- See a different side of wolverines with Niki Wilson
- Push backcountry skiing to new places with Ryan Stuart
- Flash back to the ’70s with Meghan J. Ward
- Meet the man behind the guidebooks with Zac Robinson/Stephen Slemon
- Hike to the best mountain views with Brian Patton
- Explore ghost towns of the Rockies with Tera Swanson
- Browse photos from Ryan Creary, John E. Marriott, Paul Zizka, and more!
Power of Resilience
- Brush up on the language of fighting wildfires with Niki Wilson
- Rewind back a century to Banff during the First World War with Meghan J. Ward
- Remember visionary alpinist, Marc-André Leclerc, with Bernadette McDonald
- Join the debate on saving one species over another with Ryan Stuart
- Follow dancers and drummers on the powwow trail with Colette Derworiz
- Discover Chic Scott’s picks for best cross-country ski trips with Tera Swanson
- Take your mountain sports to the next level with John Reid
- Browse photos from Ryan Creary, Paul Zizka, Wayne Simpson and more!
- Follow a grizzly from the den and back again with Niki Wilson.
- Meet four mountain-guiding mamas with Lynn Martel.
- Give kids the freedom to roam with Joanna Croston and Jen Groundwater.
- Find out what’s so special about Lake O’Hara with Meghan J. Ward, Graeme Pole, Juliette Recompsat and Stefan Strangman.
- Explore solutions to the mountain town housing crisis with Ryan Stuart.
- Have some Type 2 fun in the Purcell Mountains with Steve Tersmette.
- Read the winning entries from our first-ever writing contest.
- Browse photos from Bryce Brown, Paul Zizka, Martina Gebarovska and more!
- Hike to a forgotten history on the Alberta/B.C. border with Jerry Auld.
- Learn about Chris Perry and the art of routebuilding with Geoff Powter.
- Consider the impacts of too many tourists in Banff National Park with Ryan Stuart.
- Examine what happens as treeline advances with Birch Malotky.
- Follow Sharon Wood’s Everest journey from climbing to writing with Joanna Croston.
- Chronicle the heritage of Assiniboine Lodge with Chic Scott, Meghan J. Ward, Sky England and Lindsay Donovan.
- Tap into the knowledge of three Master Interpreters with Lynn Martel.
- Browse photos from Brandon T. Brown, Ashley Voykin, Paul Zizka and more!
A NOTE ABOUT SHIPPING: The Canadian Rockies Annual is more of a book than a magazine, and it's not cheap to send in the mail. We've done our best to keep shipping costs as low as possible for our customers by absorbing a share of the cost. You can review the cost to you at check-out.